Sunday, 24 March 2013

Stylish Settings is moving to From My Deck

Yes - I'm moving.  After nearly two years of blogging at Stylish Settings I am moving to From My Deck



Why am I moving?

Well you see we are moving house.  Exciting.  We have spent 12 very happy years at this house, but it was time for a change, so we are leaving behind our new-build home in the suburbs for a 1930's Queenslander with a beautiful wrap around deck.  It is from this deck that I will soon be blogging.

How to Stay in Touch?

If you follow this blog by facebook or twitter, you don't need to do anything.  You will still get all of From My Deck's posts.  Same goes if you follow on pinterest or instagram.

If you follow by email or rss feed you will need to go to From My Deck and subscribe again.  I have tried to sync my feedburner feed but it is possible that Feedburner will be phased out in the future so I am using a different feed burner on the new site.

If you follow with google friend connect you will need to find another way to follow as I am moving to wordpress and I can't use Google Friend Connect over there.  Google Plus will still work but my posts are not automatically posted there - I have to remember to add a link everytime I write a post.

Following Blogs with a Reader

I follow many blogs and I get their posts either on my Blogger home page or via Google Reader.  Unfortunately Google Reader will cease to work from 1 July, 2013, so I have to find a new way to follow blogs.  I'm still undecided, but I will probably follow blogs by either:

Judging by the recent followers I have gained on Bloglovin, it seems many people are choosing to follow this way.  

So if you want to stay in touch and see my new house, please head over to From My Deck and subscribe.  We don't move for another 6 weeks, but I wanted to set up the new blog before I have to deal with packing and unpacking boxes.


See you at the new place.
post signature

15 comments:

  1. I'll be right there! How exciting!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha In Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new home sounds lovely! Look forward to hearing about it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I kook forward to seeing your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is so exciting. Love the old Queenslanders. In fact I love old houses full stop. We live in a 1910 villa. I think you will really enjoy the difference. Can't wait to see it.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Checked it out at the check out wink ha ! Very exciting and super happy for you and the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I had heard a move was on the cards for you!! Very excited and can't wait to read about your adventures in your new home! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you...I was so enamoured of the beautiful verandas on old Queenslander homes during the two years I lived in Brisbane....and enjoyed some lovely afternoons on my friend's deck in Chelmer - what a lovely location from which to blog. I shall look forward to following your decorating adventures at your new home. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! I love old Queenslanders!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so exciting! Look forward to seeing the new house and the new blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kylie. I'm so happy for you and wish you much happiness under your new roof! Looking forward to catching up via "From My Deck" soon. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy that things have worked so well for you Kylie, as a fellow old Queenslander owner I know you will enjoy your gorgeous new home and all that amazing character ! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. A new name and a new platform. exciting times.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! New house, new blog. I checked the lovely pictures in Pinterest and I was stunned by your choice of stylish house designs. I love the garden and outdoor inspiration; they look so sophisticated and fairy-tale inspired! How is it going for your 1930's Queenslander home renovation? Gary @ UpAndAboveContractors.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there my dear! I just want to ask if we can follow each other on Bloglovin, GFC or Facebook?

    Please leave a comment on my blog and follow by blog!

    http://kstylick.blogspot.com

    You can also like my Facebook page.

    https://www.facebook.com/Kstylick

    I will follow you back! XOXO

    Korean Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    I am glad to visit your blog, and I really like your writing this, it is very interesting to read and helpful as well. I want to learn a lot from you.
    Thank you... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...