Firstly I created a family calendar. I usually use Snapfish but this year I tried a Kikki K one. I like creating my own calendar as you can add all your favourite photos. Once I got the calendar I recorded many things on it:
- Public holidays
- School term dates and holidays
- Birthdays and special occasions
- My son's tennis fixtures and competitions and my daughter's dancing commitments
- and social functions
The next thing I did was to set up a "To Do" list system. I chose a free app called Errands.
Using this app I can create a list of things to do. Each task is given a due date, priority, and category. The app then sorts all the tasks in the order you specify. Here's an example:
There are a couple of things I like about this app.
- I can set up recurring errands. For example, I like to check what bills I have to pay every Monday, so I have set up this task. When I tick that I have completed this, the app automatically creates this task again for next Monday.
- When tasks need to be completed in the next 24 hours, a red circle showing the number of tasks shows on the apps icon. There is also a folder called Focus which only shows the tasks requiring your immediate attention. I like this as I will often happily pin away on pinterest instead of doing something I really need to do.
- The other thing I like is you can create a project such as Re-decorate Bedroom, then create a list underneath that task listing each action you need to do to finish the whole project. For example, buy paint, sand/wash walls, clean carpets... Each item on the list has it's own check box so you can tick each one off, as you work towards your final goal.