Thursday 8 March 2012

$20 Handyman Special

One day my daughter and I were out shopping and on our way down the mall we spotted this:


Jewellery Box.  $20 Handyman Special.  Sold as Is. 
Handyman I thought?  What about Handy woman?


Both the rounded side cupboards had come off their hinges, after being hit by people's shopping trolleys and the paint work was looking a little ordinary.  Somebody had pulled the ring holder section apart.


I walked into the shop, quickly paid cash and got them to put a sold sign on it.  The lady told me the jewellery console was originally $149.  Guess which shop?  Homeart!  You know, it used to be called Copperart.  Amazing where you can find things right?

Anyway, my daughter and I were able to restore the jewellery console quickly and easily.  My daughter sanded the whole thing down (good girl!), and I gave it a fresh coat of paint.  We bought some new screws and attached the side cupboards. 





 We decided to ditch the ring holder and just lined that section with some French sheet music.


What more could a 10 year old girl want, than her own armoire to store her bling?


All styling by my daughter.  I think she did a great job!

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Great deal, and good job with the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter has done a great job, she could be your little apprentice. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! what a great find :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Kylie, sweet find! I just wanted to let you know also that I have passed on a blog award to you. Just hop on over to my blog to check it out. Have a great weekend!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kylie,

    Think your daughter may have found her calling.

    Looks fab, nothing like giving a piece of furniture a makeover.

    Lou ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you’ve decided not to stay in your home, and you don’t want to sell it. Renting properties has made people a lot of money in the past, but you still have the issue of maintenance on the property, and, as the landlord, you don’t really want to be around there doing it yourself, which is where getting the best handyman service has can be one of the best business decisions you can make.

    handy man brisbane

    ReplyDelete

  7. These programs can actually find yourself costing the house owner extra money over time.
    handyman Mobile AL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...