Friday 1 June 2012

My New Sewing Box

Just a quick bit of sorting and organising today.
I fianlly bought myself a new sewing box.  My trusty Lincraft plastic box has served me well over the years, but the new one is so much prettier and even the small simple things can also be a little stylish right?

In an age when we throw clothes away rather the mend a small hole or sew on a new button, I've decided to try and make do and mend what I can.  Having a sewing kit all set up and ready makes the job easier.



Of course if I was a real sewer, I would really like one of these.


Love the combination of modern technology and vintage aethetics.

3 comments:

  1. I love the retro Singer!

    I haven't had an old fashioned sewing basket since I was a teen; I like yours!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous sewing machine...and I love your new sewing box! I'm firmly of the belief that we should be using beautiful things in our everyday lives - it's all about 'living well'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew pretty,(I Know I intended the pun):) Isn't that vintage looking sewing machine beautiful? Enjoy your new toy. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...