Tuesday 11 October 2011

Masters

Aussie retailer Woolworths has joined forces with US hardware giant Lowe's to bring us Masters.  It is a large format DIY/hardware concept to take on Bunnings.  Their second store in Australia opened in Tingalpa this morning.  My daughter goes to school just down the road, so I popped in this morning to have a look.  I have to say - it's really good.



The main things I noticed were how clean and well presented the store is.  Their visual merchandising and displays are excellent.  The staff were friendly and helpful - perhaps overly so but it was day one and the store had only been open an hour or so - let's just say they were enthusiastic!

The product range is also very good.  I felt the range was much more aimed at the home owner DIY enthusiast and was a little more 'posh' than Bunnings.  Here are some photos I snapped this morning with my phone.



Nice chair


pretty bird houses


Cute - You'd never see this at Bunnings


Garden lanterns and ornaments


More garden decor


Clever kitchen storage ideas


Canvas storage


DIY lighting range


Chandeliers


A much better selection of doors, but their range of door  and cabinet handles was a little disappointing for a romantic/vintage/French/Hamptons/Shabby girl like me.


Laura Ashley wallpaper - BIG tick of approval


A good selection of mirrors


and artwork


A row of rugs


and a good selection of carpet, tiles and timber flooring.


I loved this bath spout


and a good range of electrical including the designer range from IXL (see a bit more upmarket)


Taps galore


and even the kitchen sink


Bathroom accessories.

There were all the normal hardware things such as paint, electrical, timber mouldings and tools.  There was a kitchen design centre which was great as long as you like modern kitchens and rows of appliances such as fridges and washers.

All in all Masters appears to be very good, and if you live in Brisbane's eastern suburbs, it's definitely worth a look.

People from the US would wonder what all the fuss is about, but here in Oz, we can be a little starved for product range, so it's nice to have more choice.  Masters had no involvement with this post - that's why the photos are so bad.  I wasn't sure if I was allowed to take photos.  I just wanted to share it with you as I've been eagerly awaiting the opening.




7 comments:

  1. wow wow! looks awesome! just rang a girlfriend and told her we have to go and check it out! thanks for the heads up :)
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh looks good. We live near the Braybrook store in Melbourne which opened a few weeks ago. I am yet to go (Bunnings is just a little closer at the moment). The wall paper has got me interested tho, might be worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just told Hub-a-lubs and he said WA will be the last place to get a new Masters store (literally!) so thank you for sharing these photos with us. Looks like somewhere I could spend all day browsing too. God bless x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting as both Bunnings and Masters is not some place that I would go but I think I might just go and check this out.....B:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bet we don't get one in canberra - we never get anything!!
    it looks good though - thanks for the heads up.
    cheryl xox.

    ReplyDelete
  6. update: there is one opening near campbelltown/sydney in december/january. at least that's a little closer to me than brisbane!!
    cheryl xox.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should probably avoid this place at all costs...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...