Monday 31 October 2011

Recyled Pencil Jar

Here's something quick and easy I made to pretty up my desk.

Here's what I did.  Got an old glass jar.  This was a jar of olives from the supermarket.  Soak the label off and clean it.


Tie some ribbon around the jar.


Add some embellishment.  I used a clay tag I had left over from when I made the clay tags for my gallery wall (see post here).  I stamped the clay with a clock face while wet, then rubbed it with a burnt umber paint wash when it was dry.  I attached it to the ribbon with beading wire.


Then I added my pens and pencils and placed it on my desk next to an old toast rack I use to hold inspiring pictures.


Simple and stylish.

8 comments:

  1. Simple and stylish that is for sure. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought an olive jar could look so fabulous? Great job! ;)Sharyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if I could buy one and throw the olives away...? Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very stylish Kylie, I'm also loving your toast rack idea!

    Your desk is looking very organised. Love it!

    Have a great day. x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the clock tag too:) God bless x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a great idea and I love the simplicity of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple, lovely and useful. I love it. Thanks for sharing it.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! Just wanted to let you know I saw your link on Restore Interiors & I'm now your newest follower! Love the pencil jar, can't wait to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...