Friday 12 August 2011

In Love with my French Love Seat

I am tickled pink today.  I have just picked up my latest eBay purchase - a beautiful French Love seat/sofa.


It ticks all the right boxes for me.  It's white



It's upholstered in genuine Cabbages & Roses fabric in a lovely soft blue and taupe combination.



It has beautiful detailing.





And I bought it just the way it is.


For once I was able to find something completed just the way I would have done it.  No sanding, no painting no wrestling with upholstery.  The reason I didn't have to do anything, is that this lovely lady had already done the hard work.



Donna is a lovely lass from the UK, living in Brisbane with her husband and 2 little kids.  She restores furniture and sells it through eBay and direct to clients who've discovered the wonderful work she does.  You can find her on eBay as don-don-down-under.  She is pictured here with a beautiful french gray dresser she has restored for a client.


I am so happy with it.  I keep looking at it and stroking the fabric.  Come on, I'm sure I'm not the only one?  One more look at it.


Sigh!


I am sharing all Donna's hard work at these parties - Yippee

French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday  (Courtney will love it)
My Romantic Home - Show & Tell Friday
Perfectly Imperfect - All Things Furniture
Miss Mustard Seed - Furniture Feature Friday
The Shabby Nest - Frugal Friday


12 comments:

  1. I love it when all the work is done. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It ticks all the boxes for me. So gorgeous and that fabric - to die for. Totally love it, lucky you.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty! I agree that sometimes it's worth the money to get something that is already done and spend YOUR time doing even more fun things. Thanks for sharing the pictures of her nice work and your newest addition to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also in love with your French love seat! x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too! It's gorgeous. I am very envious actually as I've been wanting one like that for a while myself but I'll need to cull some other things to fit it in.

    I hope you'll come and visit my blog today actually...it's dedicated to all things French!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend. Will you be going to the Ekka?

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    PS Thanks so much for following my blog. It's so great to meet another Brisbane Blogger!

    PPS Did you enter my give away yet? Hope so!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Western Australia! I love your French seat too - you are so lucky. If it was mine I would be making excuses to walk past it just to have another look:) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute- very frenchy looking! Nice find :)

    Visiting from ShabbyNest Linky Party today :D
    ~Suzanne in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the french loveseat! Wish I could find one like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, I love your french seat, too!!
    Lucky you! Congrats and thank you for sharing! Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous~ Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are often made in countries where it’s a large source of their industry and income providing developing nations with much needed labour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for posting such a great blog. I found your website perfect for my needs. Read About Timber Venetian Blinds Online

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...