Friday 19 August 2011

Making Patterns

I have been busy in front of my sewing machine over the past weeks sewing my bedroom curtains.  Both my dining room chairs and my outdoor chairs need new seat covers but I'm a bit over sewing at the moment.  However, what I did on the weekend was to create patterns for them so when I find some fabric I like I can quickly sew up the covers.


I traced and measured out each panel and drew the pattern onto tissue paper.  I have a cheap roll of iron-on interfacing which I iron to the back of all the pattern pieces.  It's just makes them more durable and less likely to tear, as I have to pin and re-pin each piece 6-8 times to make enough covers for my chairs.



I've written down details such as how much fabric I need and the steps I need to follow to sew the covers in my sewing book.  The notebook is covered in brown kraft paper and  I decorated the front of the book with this dress form graphic from The Graphics fairy.



Now I just have to find the right fabric (at the right price).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...