Monday 22 August 2011

Vanilla Vase

I made something so quick and easy using a vanilla pod jar.


When I buy vanilla beans from the supermarket they come in this screw top glass jar.


I cleaned the jar and wrapped some wire around the top to form a loop.


I had a set of 3 Fleur de Lys push pins from Bunnings Hardware that I'd bought years ago.  They were brass so I spray painted them white.


I hung the vase to fill a space in the gallery wall I am creating above my work desk.


I filled the vase with water and a single rose.


This brings a little cheer to me when I'm sewing or working at the table.


When I don't have any fresh flowers, I keep this little artificial bud in the vase.

So simple, but so pretty.

Sharing at:
A Beach Cottage - Good Life Wednesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia - Tuesday's Treasures
Home Stories AtoZ - Tutorials & Tips Tuesday
Faded Charm Cottage - White Wednesday

5 comments:

  1. Very neat idea. Nice to visit with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredibly creative idea! I have those vanilla jars as well and never know what to do them. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do I never think of these kinds of brilliant things! You are so clever. I love it!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheer genius Kylie! I just haven't been able to bring myself to throw out my old vanilla pod jars. I knew one day I would find a good use for them and voila! Have had a lovely time exploring your fantastic blog and already have a whole heap of projects to undertake in the September school holidays. Keep the inspiration coming! ;)Sharyne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...