Thursday 3 November 2011

Recycled Bottle Vase

Here's a quick, easy and tasty project.  I bought these Italian fruit juices in the deli section of the supermarket.


Now here's the best bit - drink it.  When you are done just soak the label off.


Now you have a cute plain glass bottle.  I played around with a couple of designs and in the end settled for this.


The round decorative scroll is from The Graphics Fairy.  The number one is in Academy Engraved LET font. 

Once I was happy with the design I printed it onto clear water-slide decal paper that I have had sitting in my paper drawer for about 5 years.  Let the ink dry for half an hour, then give the decal two coats of clear gloss spray sealer (I use Krylon).  Cut out the design and soak it in water for about 30 seconds, then place the decal on the bottle and slide it off the paper backing.  Finally blot the decal with paper towel to remove excess water and air bubbles.  For further instructions, there are numerous how to videos on You Tube including this one.  Here's how it turned out...


Pretty huh?


I put it on my desk so I have something pretty to look at whilst I type this blog post.


The best thing is now I know how easy it use to use water-slide decals I can do some more projects.

Sharing at
The Shabby Creek - Transformation Thursday
The Shabby Nest - Frugal Friday
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday
Home Stories AtoZ - Tutorials & Tips
The Graphics Fairy - Brag Monday

5 comments:

  1. lovely, I have done some with chalk board paint, but I like yours better!
    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have about 11 million of those bottles I've been meaning to do "something" with. One day!
    This looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled your lovely blog - full of lots great ideas. I have just signed up as your latest follower so I will popping by for some more inspiration!
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...