Tuesday 22 November 2011

Wine Charming

With the festive season revving up, I thought I'd make some wine charms.  I hate getting wine glasses mixed up, asking "Is this my glass?" and examining lipstick marks to see who's glass is whose.  The first set I made is for champagne flutes.


I bought wine charm rings and letter beads from Overflow and simply thread the letters onto the ring.


  I spelt out the names of French champagnes.


Which is your favourite when you indulge?


Then I  made a set of charms for wine.



For this set I bought silver coloured beads from Spotlight and used some metal letters I bought years ago from BigW.  I chose the first letter of my friends names that are regular visitors here. 




I think they turned out well, but I'm in real trouble if Jus, Jules, and Jen all come over together!


This tray is my latest purchase.  I love that it's a bit wonky and rustic.  It was on sale for $16 from Perfect Living in Oxford Street, Bulimba.  It is one of the most beautiful homewares/decor shops in Brisbane and I love it every time I visit.

Now, I need to create some fridge space for Christmas drinks.

Sharing at
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Primp
A Beach Cottage

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I just love your charm rings, they are gorgeous, what a clever idea! And your tray is stunning, a great find xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you always have such amazing ideas on your lovely blog, I just love them all and think I will try this for Christmas thanks for sharing. Have a great day.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kylie

    now if those bubbles were cold - you would hear a ding dong on your doorbell any moment. I do love a verve - but hey, I'm not too fussy :)

    love the little rings


    Have a wonderful day,

    loulou, hereiamloulou blog

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and pretty project, Kylie! Thanks for the great idea! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't drink wine, so I wasn't paying attention to the charms, but I just had to comment that I love your blue & white pots :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...