Wednesday 30 November 2011

Making Christmas Tree Bows

Have you ever noticed that all the Christmas trees and garlands you see in shopping centres are nearly always just covered with a mass of bows and baubles?  It's a great way to 'fill' the space.  Over the years I have built up a good collection of decorations and ornaments but we have a big tree so there is still space to fill.  Time to make some bows.



To make the bows I used some wired ribbon in pale green and gold, some beading wire and some square diamante buckles.


I cut 2 pieces of ribbon and thread them through the buckle.


I thread a small piece of beading wire through the back of the buckle. To make the bow I formed a loop on each side, so they crossed over at the back.



Twist the beading wire tightly round the ribbon to hold the bow in place, then twist the ends of the wire around the branch to hold the bow on the tree.  Use the wire in the ribbon to shape the bow.


I made about 15 bows for my tree, and they just help to fill the tree.

Sharing at

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie, your tree is beautiful, the buckle is a lovely touch.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tree looks beautiful and thank you for the idea!

    I am going to try and by those moulds for the bath balls at Wheel and Barrow or maybe Spotlight may sell something we could use. Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylie,

    Thank you for the website, I ordered some love hearts and bath ball moulds. Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Love the idea. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree looks beautiful and I love the bows. I just made 2 bows today,but tomorrow I will take them apart and make them again like yours,thank you for sharing. :o) x j

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, very pretty. Your tree looks fabulous! Merry Christmas. x Jode

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love to put bows on the Christmas tree, I think the addition of the buckle takes it to a new level, Just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tree with the bows. Wish I had more space on mine, but thank you for the turorial on such pretty bows. Happy weekend. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    This is really a stunning decoration item for the Christmas tree. These ribbon buckles are extremely popular in the craft industry and cab be used for making a variety of projects. Thanks for sharing these loving images which shows the process of making these ribbon bow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...