Tuesday 19 July 2011

Recycling a Candle Jar

My sister gave me a scented candle in a glass jar for my birthday.  When the candle was finished, I decided to turn the glass jar into a small vase or tea light holder rather than put it in the rubbish.  When I stay at my sister's house she always puts a fresh rose from her garden in a little jug beside my bed, so I thought I'd do the same for her.




This is the little glass jar.


 I bought some 'script' paper from Spotlight (craft store).  I traced around the jar.  It is slightly tapered so I needed to cut a slight curve across the top.


I applied mod podge matt to the paper and stuck it to the glass.  Once it was dry I applied two more coats of mod podge to protect the paper.



The finished vase


The script paper had a printers block design on the reverse side which you can see on the inside.


Quick and easy.



The Shabby Nest - Frugal Friday

4 comments:

  1. Love recycling; what a nifty and lovely vase. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever! I love the idea of reusing things when we live in such a disposable society! x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea! Very original. Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your wonderful blog via "The Graphics Fairy". What a cute jar. I'm sure your sister loved the gesture. I found some glass bottles at a store yesterday and I want to put a label on them to give out as Christmas presents. Now I know how to make them. Thanks for sharing. I'm now your newest follower. I would love a follow back.

    Blessings,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...