Monday 4 July 2011

Going Back to Glebe

My husband and I lived in Glebe, an inner-city suburb of Sydney for 5 years (2003-2008).  It's a quirky suburb of mixed architecture and people.

Last week we went to Sydney for a holiday with the kids, and showed them around the area we used to live.  I want to share some of the reasons why I love Glebe.

Terrace houses

I'd like to sit here

Tessellated tiled path

Camellias

Federation Glory

Iron fences and hedges

Sandstone

Elegant gardens

Much nicer than graffiti

The corner of our old street


Fresh flowers for sale outside the greengrocer



We also went into The Rocks

Evolution of Sydney mural


Old factories - now a museum


Winter in Sydney


Sydney Harbour Bridge


Iconic Sydney Opera House


Miss you already Sydney - See you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos, lovely suburb...Sydney is a terrific city...(of course it's not as good as Melbourne)...we used to visit a lot as our best friends live there...I think, however, that living in Brisbane would be terrific...the climate...the old Queenslanders...that's where I would prefer to be. Robx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...