Friday 8 July 2011

My Daughter's Desk

My dear daughter is 9 years old and has been asking for her own desk since we moved back into our home.  I looked for ages but couldn't find anything that would fit under her window.  Finally, I found this desk.


I bought it on eBay for $36.55.  What does eBay automatic bidding always end up with strange amounts?



It's well worn but nice and solid.  Nothing a sand and coat of Dulux 'Whisper White' paint won't fix.


After all of this (above - sanding, painting, more sanding, more painting) you get ......





I asked my daughter if she wanted pretty crystal knobs but she preferred the original handle.


This is how she keeps the drawers - Oh help!  She gets it from me!



This is how I styled her desk for the photo.



In reality, it looks like this.


The little battery operated candles from last years Carols by Candlelight are there until I get her a lamp.  At the moment she just has a little IKEA stool until I paint the chair my husband found on the roadside.  On the right side of the desk is a letter to Santa (it's only July) complete with pictures.

Better go and put her desk back the way she likes it..

Sharing with:

Perfectly Imperfect - All Things Furniture
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday
Miss Mustard Seed - Furniture Feature Friday
Thrifty Decor Chick - Before & After Party



4 comments:

  1. Hi! A coat (or three) of white paint always makes everything look so fresh...great job! Just found your blog through Feathered Nest Friday...it's great to see another Brisbane blogger, so I'm now following along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find Kylie, really good simple design and looks terrific painted up. What a little darling, keeping her desk drawer like that....if only my children were so organized! I was always like that as a child and so was my hubby...but we've managed to produce three fairly disorganized children! Robx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, hard work with a fabulous result.Hopping over from the feathered nest and following along. Hugs and have happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lulu loves the desk! Wants to know what's on the Santa list? Dons xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...