Tuesday 26 July 2011

Hiding the Telephone Plug

We have a telephone point for a wall hung phone in our kitchen.  Problem is we no longer have a wall phone.  With the new technology cordless phones you just need a power point.  The phone point has become a very ugly feature of our kitchen.  I kept thinking I'll have to get a technician to relocate it and patch the wall.  Then I found these pretty spoon hooks and was looking for a place to hang them.




Um mm - Why don't I just hang one above the phone point and then I can hide it with a picture frame?  (Moment of brilliance I know!)

I had a spare photo frame, so the only thing left to decide was what picture to put in it.  I wanted something to do with food as it is in the kitchen.  I found this image at The Graphics Fairy.

The Graphics Fairy
I added the words EAT to the bottom of the picture and attached a ribbon loop to the frame and voila - problem solved and some prettiness added to the kitchen.






So this is the ugly phone plug before


and this is after





This cute squirrel nut cracker came back with us from London - we miss the nutty squirrel that used to run across our back fence every morning.



 Enjoy your day.

Home Stories A to Z - Tutorials & Tips Tuesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia - Tuesday's Treasures
A Beach Cottage - Good Life Wednesday
Primp - Primp Your Stuff Wednesday
The Graphics Fairy - Brag Monday

15 comments:

  1. great solution! love it, Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá! o seu quadro ficou bonito, com o ton clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo - I love this idea. it looks fantastic.
    found you today from A2Z linky party.
    absolutley lovely.
    cheryl xox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Those spoon hooks are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great solution and it looks so cute! I love the spoon hooks - linked over from A2Z today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a phone plug in on my kitchen wall just like that!!! Now I know how to disguise it!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful solution Kylie. I have a thermostat that's in the middle of a wall that I just hate to look at...Needless to say, you have inspired me :-) Have a wonderful day.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I love the spoon hooks along with that print. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever. Sometimes my favorite decorating inspirations come from "oops" that I want to camouflage. The spoon hooks are adorable, and I love how you incorporated them into your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous idea. I have one of those too and cover it with a cork board. Your idea is much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea and lovely solution! Thanks for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. good idea--love that print! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! It looks perfect in your kitchen! Coming over from Brag Monday and your newest follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a genius! I am just loving this idea...actually I'm loving your whole blog! How have I not seen your beautiful blog before now? And to think you live in the same city as me too!!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was smart, functional and stylish all in one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...