Wednesday 13 July 2011

Using my Tuscan Tablecloth

Last week, Sarah at A Beach Cottage showed us her beautiful gray linen tablecloth.  I commented to her that I had once paid an obscene amount of money for a beautiful woven tablecloth in San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy.  I've always believed that you should use what you have and not just save it for special occasions, so I pulled in out of the cupboard on the weekend.



We had six adults and four kids (aged 9-13) over for lunch, and we served lasagne.  How brave am I?  Not only am I going to use my tablecloth, I'm serving lasagna with tomato sauce and melted cheese!  Not to mention the red wine.



I also kept another promise to myself to buy more fresh flowers.



White roses and pretty pink tulips.



I displayed them in a mix of plain vases and old food jars.  I know the single tulip is tall but I didn't want it to look too symmetrical.



I wish I'd taken a photo of the beautiful baked cheesecake I made ... and it was covered with fresh raspberries - try getting that stain out!

Sharing with:
Sarah at A Beach Cottage - Good Life Wednesdays
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia - Tuesday's Treasures
Between Naps On The Porch - Tablescape Thursday

14 comments:

  1. You and Sarah both have convinced me to pull out the damask that my mother-in-law passed along to me and had used only once. Life is WAY too short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tablescape is so romantic. The tablecloth is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a gorgeous tablecloth and room. I love the chairs and hutch are just beautiful. I love vintage tablecloths,I love to use them too.Yours is a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous table cloth, very brave of you to use it with such food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are gutsy :) I have 6 kids so I often throw a piece of clear plastic over my tablecloths. It never looks this pretty though!! Yours is beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your table setting, sooo serene and romantic :) Beautiful tablecloth, hope it didn't get any stains on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just perfect! It is a beautiful tablecloth, and I think you did it justice by keeping it simple, so the tablecloth could shine. The flowers are just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tablecloth and I love the mix of vases with blooms. Very pretty,

    Veronica
    www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an absolutely gorgeous tablecloth and setting! Just love its soothing colors.
    My you are brave! But, it is a wonderful thing to bring family together at such a delightful setting! I have one - a Provencal tablecloth I love to bring out - makes one smile!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oxyclean is my best friend. That tablecloth is stunning. Wow. Your table is lovely too, I love that the flowers are not symmetrical.. Lovely place to sit and make memories. Many blessings, marlis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tablecloth is beautiful, as well as your flowers. I totally believe in using the nice things that we possess. Besides, most stains can be removed, right? By the way, I'm a new follower & if you want to follow back, that would be great!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I brought one back from Sorrento just this summer in much the same color tones. http://entertainingwomen.blogspot.com/2011/05/touch-of-italy.html
    Aren't the linens from Tuscany just amazing. I can hardly wait to return to that wonderful country. Your tablescape is gorgeous. I agree; we need to make certain to take our things out of the cabinet/closet and use them more often. Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tablecloth is absolutely beautiful and you are brave to serve lasagna on it! It is nice to be able to use it though, rather than just leaving it in a closet somewhere. Your setting looks lovely with the tulips and roses too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon this web site and I have to tell you that I have really enjoyed reading your blog articles. I'll be subscribing to your feed anyway and I hope you'll post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...